Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Candy Girl

I finally completed my daughter's quilt. I found the pattern on Pinterest. It is called Candy Girl from the Janelle Wind Collection. This quilt took me a very long time. It was a lot of hand stitching, every flower and petal. I changed the border a little by adding strips of colors. It is very bright. My only complaint is it turned out a funny size. Instead of a regular twin size it is really short. It is somewhere between a throw and a twin at 52" x 66.5".

I also used Minky on the back. It costs more but it makes the blanket so soft and the kids love it. I used it on my son's baby blanket also. I expect these blankets to last a very long time. Two kids down, two to go. I have the fabric for the next quilt and this one will probably be for a double bed. Pattern also seen on Pinterest.




No comments:

Post a Comment