Monday, July 9, 2012

Chicken Butchering

Wow, we have been so busy, but yesterday we finally got a whole day at home to catch up. So what did we do? Butchered chickens! Wahoo, not... We were not excited to do this but it had to be done. So we got set up and in the end it took about 3 hours to butcher 13 chickens. They were so big I had to run to the store and buy 2 gallon ziploc bags instead of the 1 gallon.

From this experience I have learned 1) my husband is Rambo, 2) my kids are pretty tough and 3) I'm not.

I didn't get a lot of pictures because I was busy plucking feathers but here is one of them headless and hanging before they are sent into the boiling water.
And one of my 2 youngest watching from their vantage point.
We may think we're tough after butchering 13 chickens but we were quick to run to town to get a pizza for dinner with NO chicken on it!




No comments:

Post a Comment