Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Baby Clothes Quilt

I finally finished my son's quilt with the help of hiring a long arm quilter to finish it. I really liked how it turned out and will maybe do one for my girls too. Not until the next baby grows out of some clothes though. I gave away almost all my baby girl clothes because we thought we were done at 3 kids. Oops :)

I backed the quilt with a brown minky fabric that is too die for! I recommend it for all quilts even though it costs a bit more. I made the quilt dimensions so I would not have to piece the backing. It comes 60" wide so   the quilt ended up being about 56" x 80". A little smaller than the normal twin quilt but oh well.



Today I began cutting and laying out my next quilt. I bought the fabric by Red Rooster called HeartStrings because I loved the collection. I had to pick out a pattern for it and ended up choosing the Sweet Starlet Pattern. I'm not exactly sure about it yet, so I'm hoping it grows on me. It will be a lap size quilt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment