Thursday, June 7, 2012

Loose Ends

It's been one of those weeks where I have a lot of half done projects and anxiously trying to finish them all up at the same time. I am the type of person that hates having lose ends, so I actually do finish most of what I start. I've been meaning to make this toothbrush holder for traveling that I found on Pinterest. I think it is a great idea since I have been sticking them all in one ziploc bag and of course this is reusable! 

It took me approximately 5 minutes max. to make this since my sewing machine was already out. I used a hand towel instead of a washcloth since there are 6 of us, but a washcloth would have worked too. You can see some of my sewing lines. I made 7 pockets and then sewed a piece of ribbon on it to tie it together. Easy right? 

This was an extra towel I had laying around and I really didn't see the need to make it pretty, but you could get a nice decorative towel and really jazz it up if you wanted.



With a little ironing, my son's quilt is ready for batting, backing and quilting. I'm really hoping I can make a huge dent in this today at naptime.

I have also been gluing down the beadboard inside my cupboards, which I am totally excited to finish and post before and after pictures of! 

While I've been tying up loose ends my kids have been enjoying their sensory table filled with water and toys. I made this table for my 3 year old's birthday in April before I started the blog. I will have to make a new post about it because it is one of the coolest presents we have made for them and all the little supplies to go with it. Winter will be a lot more fun this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment