Monday, May 21, 2012

Cricut Tearing


I wanted to share a problem I had with my Cricut today. I cut a lot of vinyl yesterday and today when I went back to paper it was tearing the paper rather then cutting it. I only got the machine a week ago and I was worried I wore my blade out already, but I decided to mess with the dials first. I believe the main issue was that  my speed was too slow. You would think the slower the better, but that is not the case. You really need to adjust your pressure, speed and blade for each type of material and not try to use the same basic settings.

Check out this blog for a settings chart. I printed it off and taped it to my Cricut to refer to especially because I am changing my material all the time. Someday I even want to try fabric!


1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. This happens to me when I use Stampin Up designer paper and it is very frustrating. Thanks for sharing the link, I printed it and will be attaching it to my Cricut. I also like your creativity, the water bottles are darling. I am now your newest follower. Please stop by and say HI. Traci
    Cricutjunkie.com

    ReplyDelete