Thursday, May 17, 2012

Home School

I recently decided that I would be homeschooling preschool for our youngest three kids because we live in an area that does not offer a lot of preschools. Unless your child is behind or qualify financially then your options are very limited, so I ordered a simple homeschooling kit from christianbooks.com. I did not realize what I was getting into until the books came in the mail. It is a full year long curriculum with worksheets for math, reading, bible study, and many other subjects. I am pretty impressed and the kids love it!

It took about two weeks to get all the materials and set up the new "classroom" which happens to also be Derek's bedroom. I found an old preschool table at a thrift store, spray painted and its perfect! The kids loved the first class and beg to go to "school" every single day even though I only wanted to do it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. 

We sing songs, watch short movies that incorporate the curriculum, color pictures, and even have a short gym class each day. I was so impressed that I ordered the first grade math curriculum for my oldest to work on all summer. I don't see myself becoming a full fledged home school parent but I am having fun teaching preschool.


No comments:

Post a Comment