Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hershey Pie



My all time favorite dessert and better be included in my last meal before I die is Burger King's Hershey Pie. With my birthday last week, I always request this for my cake, but this year I wanted to try to make it myself. It is not exactly the same, as they probably have secret ingredients (that are usually very unhealthy) but it is still pretty delicious.

Hershey Pie Recipe


Chocolate wafer crust or smash some oreo's up, add 1/4 cup melted butter and press into bottom of pan. If your patient put this mix in the fridge for a little while. If not move onto next step :)

Whip 8 oz of softened Cream Cheese until smooth
Add 3/4 cup Confectioner's Sugar
8 oz of Whip Cream
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Carefully spread onto crust.

Mix a small packet of Chocolate Pudding with 1-1/2 cups milk and spread over pie.

You can stop here and it is really good or you can add a layer of whip cream or just add a dollop when serving. You can also add chocolate chips or shavings for a garnish, but it is just as good if you skip these steps.


Today I purchased the Hershey Creme pie by Edwards. The main difference between my recipe and theirs I think is they add whip cream to the pudding layer and they drizzle a chocolate syrup that hardens on the top and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. The crust is different too, but I kind of like my oreo crust better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment