Monday, May 21, 2012

First Challenge


I've been following the challenges on http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/ and this week decided to join in the fun!

This year we only have one family member graduating from high school. This is unusual for us with 59 first cousins between my husband and I. We usually have at least 2 or 3 graduates a year, but I guess everyone is starting to get older and we are starting to see more college graduations.

Here is the card I created for this year's graduate. The only cartridge I used was Plantin Schoolbook for the starburst, number and letters. I was expecting to use a cute cartoon image, but I think I'm going to experiment with another one. The #1 is popped up to add dimension and I used a silver pen to add embellishment, other than that I think it is a pretty simple card.

I also submitted to this week's challenge at Craft Spot by Kimberly and
4 Crafty Chicks

8 comments:

  1. WOW SUPER job with your card!I LOVE the color,Thanks for joined us at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! love the colors and the stitching looks awesome!!! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at FCCB!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Thanks for playing with us at my craft spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Love the pattern paper and the clean and simple layout. Thanks so sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! Love the papers you used! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this graduation card! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super neat card! I love the non-traditional colors and the star bursts behind look great! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! The layered stars are fabulous and your faux stitching looks wonderful!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete