Monday, May 21, 2012

Wooden Caddy for Bath Supplies


A few days ago I posted the mason jar etching project I did and today the UPS dropped off the rest of the supplies so I could finish up the wooden caddy for my mother-in-law. I made bath salts and a bath scrub to put in the other three mason jars.

Bath Salts

Combine 1 part Epsom Salt with 1/4 part Coarse Sea Salt. 
I wasn't sure how much I needed so I did one cup of Epsom salt and 1/4 cup sea salt at a time until the jar was full. Then I dumped into a large glass bowl and added a few drops of food coloring and a few drop of essence oil. I choose Lavender for one and Amazing Grace Woman for the other. I mixed them with my hands because it seemed the best way to get a good combination and break up the coloring.

Sugar Scrub

Ingredients: white sugar, oil , and essence.

This scrub is made from one part sugar and about 1/2 part cocoa butter baby oil. I also added a Mango Apple essence to it and a little yellow and red food coloring.

For mother's day I made a hand scrub that was 2 1/2 cups sugar, 1 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup lemon juice. That turned out really nice and the guys really liked it because it wasn't too girly. This one I was aiming more for her to use in the tub so I kept it sweet smelling.

I printed off labels using Plantin Schoolbook on the Cricut and my HP printer. As you can see I also added burlap ribbon and twine to the jars and spray painted the lids. I also tied two wooden scoops to the ends for the salts.

UPDATE: She loved it and said it matched her decorating style perfectly. She also uses the bath salts a lot, so it was the perfect gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment