Sunday, May 20, 2012

Vinyl Water Bottles

I finally got to sit down to the Cricut again after a day and half away. I'm addicted! I did get to stop at Michael's yesterday though and use a few coupons and get more paper. When I first walked in I found these really cute kid's water bottles for sale for $1. With my coupons I got them for $0.82, so I picked one up for my kids and nieces and nephews. 

Tonight I decorated four of them with vinyl and the Cricut. I used the Create a Critter cartridge to pick out a cute critter for each kid and used the Plantin Schoolbook to spell their names. The critters were 3" and the letters range from 1-1/4" to 1-3/4". I tried some using transfer paper and some without. It is a little tricky either way getting the names straight, but I know the kids won't care either way.


The easiest way is to layer the critters while still on the mat. I tend to skip the bottom layer if I can especially if it is just the black for the eyes. It is also a little easier to cut the vinyl without backing but it can be done either way.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I have planned to make some similar, but alas, I'm a procrastinator! Seeing yours makes me want to do them--soon.

    ReplyDelete