Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Here we go....

I decided to jump into the world of blogging. I like to try all the latest trends and I'm curious what all the fuss is about being a "blogger". So here we go....

I called my site Hare-Brained Ideas because I don't just scrapbook, woodwork, farm, kid crafts or whatever, I do anything that sounds like fun at the time. There will be a crazy assortment of posts because my life is a crazy mess right now. 

Not only do I have 3 young kids with another due in August but I love trying different types of crafts. Two years ago I enjoyed cross-stitch and knitting. Last year I found the fun of being able to cut my own wood and paint it. Six months ago I started two quilt,s that I have yet to finish, and right now I am obsessed with my new Cricut and creating cards and other home decor. I like to create crafts anywhere from cutesy to primitive. It is all about experimenting. Fortunately my husband has gotten used to all my crazy ideas and is usually a good sport. 

This is the first year we decided to dip our hands in farming. We are in the process of raising two pigs and fifteen chickens, which we will be butchering ourselves. That will surely be an interesting post. We also are preparing to put an addition on our house this fall that we will also do ourselves as I was fortunate enough to marry a carpenter. I recommend it to everyone as you can make a lot more changes to your house on the spur of the moment.

I hope this blog gives helpful information to anyone that is interested in trying some of my hobbies. I love having hobbies and would be way to bored without them, so please feel free to ask any questions, I am nowhere near an expert but I am always willing to try and learn. I can not promise perfection though.

No comments:

Post a Comment